Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Never give up

My family has always been big on grades, I guess that's a given for most families, but mine is very pushy on straight A's, not that I'm saying I have them, I will be the first to tell I don't, and I don't mind no one's perfect we all have our weaknesses.
My weakness as of now is math (most likely because I space out class, I can't help it! I get bored easily) but my dad sends me to math camps in the summer (to try and make me smarter?) and I will continue to work on this weakness of mine. To be perfectly honest, this blog isn't about math per se, but about over coming weaknesses.
I think my first big weakness was English (reading,writing, etc.) what really motivated me though, was the fact my older sister was better at doing it then I was (an unrequited sibling rivalry I guess), and the fact I would get bullied about it. I wanted prove to them I was smart, more so than they were, and thus began my rampage of studying. I use to stay up reading books beyond my reading level and a dictionary, trying to comprehend them, by the end of this I gained a new respect for classic books and an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. I admit I sound a bit crazy, but who at the age of nine knew what the word 'castigated' meant?
Once I set my mind to something, I do it (usually). I guess this trait of mine is a good and bad thing, bad because it means I have a trouble backing down from a dare, but thankfully I'm not a ditz and i am street smart too. Unlike my sister, who is very gullible and fun to mess with.
In the end everyone has a weakness, having the courage to stand up and conquer it takes a lot of valor, but it is always worth it. The will to keep going even when you're frustrated and just feel like giving up, it's an experience everyone should feel, and the elated feeling you have once you have triumphed over that weakness will have made every step towards your goal worth it. So all in all, my message to you is; "Never give up and never give in."
Thanks for reading!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this! you have a lot of detail, its perfect! You're showing a lot of expression that's good

    ReplyDelete