Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Ya Gotta Keep Your Head Up

The worlds a crazy place, and to get through it, people usually do something that centers them, my "thing" is music.
Ever since I was a little girl music always had a way of moving me, and because my mom goes through some interesting phases, I have been introduced to many genres. My favorite of all the music my mom put me through was Ragge and hip-hop. Ragge kind of spoke to me and so did Rap, they made me feel like I wasn't the only one who went through struggles and I could relate to that, I also liked the beat of the music.
The whole beat thing didn't surprise me though, my mom was a dance teacher and some of that must have flowed into me, I use to dance when I was younger and I was the best in my class, my teacher use to say "Embody the beat" and that's exactly what I did.
Music has always been an escape for me, I've been through a lot of rough patches in my life and instead of retaliating in some stupid way, I would put my earphones on and just forget about it (at least until the song ended). I don't know about other people,but I think it's better to take some time to think about something or just clear your head, and the best way to do that is by listening to music, it's better than doing something you'll regret later.
When I didn't have a source of music I would make my own, either by rapping, beat-boxing,singing, or playing an instrument (usually a drum). I've always been pretty good at rhyming and I love poetry, for the longest time I thought I wanted to be a poet, this is no doubt due to all the rap and ragge I've listen to in my life.
In the end, I guess what I've been trying to say is; everyone needs to escape sometimes.
" I know it's hard sometimes, but remember one thing. Through every dark night there's a bright day after that. so no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up...and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Thanks for reading, I hope you got something out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment