Wednesday, October 23, 2013

That Hair Though....

My hair, if it were to be described as something living it would be a wild animal that no one can completely tame, even I can't tame it! My hair has a complete life of its own and I've learned to just go with it. My hair style might suggest that I'm lazy (which is probably true) because I have no desire to do anything with it other than let it loose, or put it up in a bun, or pony. I usually don't let my hair loose at school because whenever I do people have the urge to touch it ( I'm serious, even the little sixth graders I don't even know touch my hair!).
I guess some people don't get the concept of 'if you run your fingers through black hair not only will I get mad but it will frizz and tangle', and trust me no one wants to brush this beast (it might bite back). My hair has a tremendous effect on my personality like when I let it loose it makes me super

spontaneous and gives me the feelings of being set free. My hair also makes me really impatient, seeing as I have to brush my hair for thirty minutes to get the tangles out. My hair also makes me confident because I've learned not to care what other people say about it.
I think my main goal with my hair is to keep it soft, long, and detangled, I don't really care what it looks like as long as it's not completely ghetto. Unlike other girls, my hair is at the bottom of my to do list so I'm not super obsessed with it (Afro's are the quickest and easiest way to go), but if i did do something with it I would probably straighten it just to mix it up, I don't like being bored with my hair.

I'm really proud of my curly hair as nice as I've kept it, I love my curls, I love the volume, and most of all I love it's diversity. Never be ashamed to be different, it just means you have a diverse heritage. Always be proud of who you are, even the smallest things (or biggest in my case) like your hair, embrace it, love it, and care for it.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post Paige!!(: I totally enjoyed reading this! I love how you incorporate your humor into this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job at adding your side of the story. Good word choice in your blog, but the picture is a bit blurry.

    ReplyDelete